Wow, April has started off to be a busy month! I have alot of appearances this month around Kansas City! I read to a group of kindergartners and talked about inner-beauty. This past week I spoke to the entire 2nd grade at Morse Elementary about the importance of volunteering in your community. I spoke with the new Mrs. Kansas US 2011. We talked to the kids about the qualities of being a good friend and a volunteer! Many of these kids already volunteer by helping out with recycling at their school, visiting dogs at the local animal shelter, and collecting food for Harvester's Food Bank. I also attended the local CASA luncheon where I learned that there is a shortage of CASA volunteers to assist the ever growing number of neglected and abused children in our community.
Next weekend I look forward to making an appearance at Spring Into Hope's VIP event. Spring Into Hope is a fundraiser for the Marion Hope Center which helps special needs children in our community. I will also have my TANS business there in a booth so I can spread the word about sun safety and skin cancer prevention, while offereing a healthy alternative for those who like to have some color. I also have the opportunity to promote my upcoming race, Miles Against Melanoma KC, which is on May 28, 2011. Go to http://www.enter2run.com/ to register online!
Next weekend I look forward to making an appearance at Spring Into Hope's VIP event. Spring Into Hope is a fundraiser for the Marion Hope Center which helps special needs children in our community. I will also have my TANS business there in a booth so I can spread the word about sun safety and skin cancer prevention, while offereing a healthy alternative for those who like to have some color. I also have the opportunity to promote my upcoming race, Miles Against Melanoma KC, which is on May 28, 2011. Go to http://www.enter2run.com/ to register online!
I like your blog (esp your gorgeous picture!), it sounds like you are keeping busy with some great volunteer work! My sister's sister-in-law is a CASA volunteer and was just in the KC Star talking about it last week. Looking forward to keeping up with what you are doing :)
ReplyDelete